UFO: Afterlight patch 1.5 released
The first patch for UFO: Afterlight has been released. It fixes a number bugs and adds some new features, of which the most important is the compatibility with Windows Vista.
This patch fixes following bugs:
- After long period of playing, mission loading time was increasing; memory manager could cause crash-downs.
- Skybox was seen in other visual modes.
- Destroying the target in an expedition mission didn't result in a win.
- Replacing suit add-on didn't replace its bonus.
- Deleting squads caused missing characters in the Equipment screen.
- Interrupted level-up caused a loss of remaining level-up points.
- Automatic re-equip created missing ammo.
- "Unload all" affected parameters of other equipped weapons.
- "Unload all" didn't refresh list of composed items in the Storage screen.
- Beastmen weren't able to re-equip after they had been mind-controlled and disarmed.
- Signs of some different mines on the globe were the same.
- The game runs under Windows Vista.
- Appropriate handling of OpenAL libraries (sound issues).
- Repeated stun-attack on unconscious unit doesn't add more experience.
- Over-damage doesn't add more experience.
- Info about selected character in the Base screen is displayed.
- Changing a speed of the tactical game is possible with shortcuts; the same ones as in the strategy game.
- Center on vehicles is obtained by clicking to open space in the Globe screen.
- Clicking a portrait of a boss in any Management screen turns off his speech until next visit to the screen.
- Labels of corpses in the tactical game are displayed only after the mouse focusing.